Tuesday, November 24, 2015

BVP is Thankful For...

       At BVP, we have so much to be thankful for. Not only do we have a hardworking, dedicated team, but our scholars are truly an inspiration. As we close out 2015 and look forward to celebrating Thanksgiving, we asked our staff to reflect and tell us what they're thankful for at BVP.

  • "I'm thankful for being able to teach and share my love of music with over 400 kids every week!" -Piera Leone, Network Music Director & ES1 K-5 Music Teacher
  • "I am thankful for the opportunity to work with such wonderful scholars. They are the reason I do what I do everyday. We grow and learn so much from each other, for that I am truly thankful." -Subrina Luzzi, 3rd Grade Special Educator & Interventionist ES2
  • "I am thankful for the amount of support and positive encouragement I've received during my first year of teaching from everyone around me!" -Lindsey Brown, Middle School 1, 5th grade English Language Arts
  • "I'm thankful for handshakes. No matter the weather or my mood, handshakes from scholars at the start of the day give me energy and enthusiasm to begin each day. They also allow me to gauge how scholars are feeling, and lift their spirits if they need it. It's my personal challenge to put a smile on each of their faces. They fill my bucket; I fill their buckets." -Joy Souza, Middle School 1 Head of School
  • "I am thankful to be surrounded by colleagues with a passion for equity." -Michelle Grimaldi, High School Special Educator & Aspiring Principal
  • "I'm thankful for the opportunity to be in a career that I enjoy and in a position where I feel like I can make a difference." - Carlon Howard, 5th Grade Math Teacher
  • "I am thankful to be working with such wonderful and caring people on the Kindergarten team!" -Jamie Nunes, Elementary School 2 Kindergarten Teacher
  • "I'm mostly thankful for our scholars. They are the heart and soul of our work and make it so much fun to come to work every single day!" -Osvaldo Jose Marti, Head of School Middle School 2
  • "At BVP, I am thankful for being a part of an organization where everyone works hard and that hard work is paying off! Great job, BVP!" -Christine Losea, Accounting Manager
  • "I'm thankful for the opportunity to be at the forefront of the the education reform movement by teaching at an intentionally diverse school." -Neethu Putta, 3rd Grade Teacher & Diversity Chair
  • "I am thankful to be part of an almost 200-person organization, all of whom are completely committed to the success of the 1,400 scholars that we serve." -David Lauck, Finance Team

From all of us at Blackstone Valley Prep,
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment