Wednesday, September 16, 2015

New School! New City!

By MacKenzie Pawson, a 5th grade scholar in Washington University advisory, a perfect attendance record-holder and an aspiring veterinarian.

On September 10th, I was one of the lucky scholars nominated to welcome guests to my new middle school building in Central Falls. I greeted Lieutenant Governor Dan McKee, Mayor James Diossa, and even the City’s Police Chief, James Mendonca. Everyone gathered to celebrate the opening of Blackstone Valley Prep’s new middle school location!
Scholar MacKenzie Pawson & Colonel
James Mendonca, Central Falls Police at the
Middle School Ribbon Cutting.

I can’t believe how much BVP has grown since I started six years ago as a Kindergarten scholar at Elementary School 1 in Cumberland. I’m really proud to say that I haven’t missed one day of school! It’s easy to want to come to school every day.

As I start my first year of middle school, I am especially happy that the new middle school is in Central Falls. I live in Lincoln, RI and will now have the opportunity to spend time in and experience a new community where some of my classmates live.

I’m learning in the first few days that scholars have a lot more freedom at the middle school and we get to participate in different after school clubs. I joined track with Ms. Volpe and get to walk down the street to Higginson, the sports complex in the city.

In addition to the after school clubs, I’m really enjoying social studies with Ms. Wright and Math with Mr. Howard and Mrs. Moscarelli.

I look forward to greeting and touring many more guests throughout the year. If you’ve never visited our school, please come soon and ask that I be your tour guide!

Sincerely,
MacKenzie Pawson
Washington University, College Class of 2027

No comments:

Post a Comment