The following resources were shared as a way to stay connected and learn more:
- Twitter @deborahgist
- PARCC website www.parcconline.org/parcc-assessment
Additionally, RIDE also shared some tips for ways that families can support their children for success on the new assessment.
- Talk regularly with your child and his/her teacher(s) about class or homework assignment.
- Involve your child in day-to-day practical math problem solving practice, like estimating time, counting change, or figuring out costs for things.
- Read with them and ask questions about it that help them think about what was read.
- Learn more about the CCSS and PARCC through the many available resources.
- Take the practice test and view sample items with your child.
Thank you to the RIDE team for making these information sessions available. Please look for more details in the coming weeks around specific PARCC testing dates at BVP.