Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day BVP!

Happy Mothers Day!

When I step back and think of the work that we do at Blackstone Valley Prep, it is clear to me that for so many of us we are only in positions that we are in because of our moms and grandmoms.

Whether it is the kindergartner whose mother found out about BVP from a flyer at daycare and entered her child's name in the lottery, to my own mother who constantly pushed me and my sister to go to and complete college even though she never did, mothers are everything to so many of us.

As a husband and father, I see on a daily basis the sometimes thankless "job" that is motherhood.  Sadly, it takes a day like today to remind me of how much I take for granted and how truly important motherhood is.

Yeah, sure I do the requisite "like" on facebook to the often hysterical postings about moms vs. dads, like this one:



or this one:


But today, I want to offer something more specific and heartfelt.  I want to give a special shout-out today to the BVP moms on staff who spend 50+ hours a week dramatically changing the life trajectory of other people's children...and then go home to someone like me, who asks "where's mom?"  On behalf of your colleagues, your scholars, and the families of your scholars, Happy Mothers Day BVP Moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment